Beef Rib Eye
Bone in Roast!!! Grass fed (of course) and dry aged. An all time must have!
- 2kg Pork Belly – Bone In
- 6 Carrots
- 1 Head Broccoli (Cheese sauce is awesome)
- 3 Med Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups Rice
- Get Wozza’s to score the skin (I like it nice and thin!)
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220’C and roast for 30min
- Reduce heat to 160’C and roast for a further 1.5hrs
- Remove the pork belly from the oven, cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 10min
- Carve and serve!
- Serve with glazed carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoe mash or roast potatoes
- I always enjoy rice
- Please make gravy with all the meat juices… your guests will love you more!!!
- Serve with apple jelly or sauce
- For the best crispy crackling, the pork skin must be dry
- Salt helps the skin to crackle
- High heat (220 – 230’C) helps the skin to crackle
- Some people use high heat at the end, some at the beginning. I don’t think it makes a difference – you choose what works best for you.
- Resting the meat after cooking allows the meat juices to be absorbed into the meat
- For webber braai cooking, fill each side of your webber with Wozza’s hardwood briquettes, and roast for approx. 1.5hrs.
- For direct braai-ing, make a medium heat fire using Wozza’s hardwood charcoal.
- Place the pork belly roast, skin down, and braai. Please be careful that your fire is not too hot, don’t burn the crackling. If the fire flames up, turn the meat bone down, continually flipping over until cooked. (approx. 1hr20)